Figures for 2020
We have now finalised the figures for 2020. Among other things, expenditure on medicines rose by 4.4% in 2020READ MORE
New director at Amgros
At the turn of the year, Dorthe Lindegaard took on her new position as the director at Amgros in charge of Automation and Quality.READ MORE
Merry Christmas and happy New Year
Thanks to everyone for the past year. We look forward to continuing our successful collaboration in 2021.READ MORE
Regions save DKK 100 million a year on eye medication
The regions can expect savings of at least DKK 100 mill. annually on medicines to treat a number of common eye diseases. This is the result of the three new treatment guidelines from the Danish Medicines Council and a tendering procedure held by Amgros.READ MORE
Our important cooperation partners
Knowledge, dialogue and cooperation are our most important tools. Amgros can only be something worthwhile if we work with others: With our owners in the regions, with our cooperation partners at hospital pharmacies and hearing clinics, with our suppliers in industry and with all of our valued partners in the administrative and the political system.
Together with our cooperation partners, we create more cost-effective health solutions. This is a win-win for us all.
What is Amgros’ mission?
Amgros’ mission is to provide the best conditions for better healthcare.
Our most important task is to ensure that Danish public hospitals have the right medicine and the right medical devices, and that these are available at the right price, in the right place, at the right time and in the right quality. Always keeping the patients’ best interests in mind.
We do this by organising and conducting tendering procedures and procurement for our owners: Danish Regions. In 2018 alone, we obtained cost savings of more than DKK four billion.
This film presents our core task and how we work.
Amgros is internationally recognised as a role model in translating healthcare needs into action
- We are a natural sparring partner in developing the Danish healthcare service
- We build and maintain our network to inspire ourselves and those that we help
- We inspire countries that want to optimise their healthcare systems and achieve more cost-effective health solutions
With other players in the health sector, Amgros helps lay the foundation for better healthcare
- We work closely with healthcare players to translate needs into action
- We create financial leeway, so that more people can be offered treatment for the same investment
- We are independent and impartial and we are not afraid to question existing practices
- We share our knowledge and insight, so that other healthcare players can make the right choices on an informed basis
We are thorough, curious and bold, and we help create job satisfaction.
- I act professionally, align my expectations with those of my cooperation partners, and I deliver results of high professional quality
- I make an effort, take responsibility for my assignments and keep my side of agreements
- I ensure dialogue by listening and asking questions in order to understand the needs and potentials of my cooperation partners
- I am proactive and outreaching and I am open and honest in my communication
- I dare to challenge myself and my surroundings
- I am flexible and I always strive to understand the world that I am a part of
- I am proud to make a difference I value my freedom and the responsibility that goes with it
- I am an enthusiast and I contribute to knowledge sharing and collaboration across divisions
- I am always ready to help others and to take responsibility for ensuring a sense of community and a positive working environment, so that everyone can enjoy coming to work
Through understanding and a grasp of the situation, we create simple solutions in a complex world
- We work closely with our stakeholders, so that we understand their needs
- We use our expertise, insight and overview, when we create solutions that work across sectors, regions, organisations and national borders
- We evaluate our methods and processes so that we constantly improve
Amgros ensures that the necessary medicines are available for hospital patients
- We take outset on the needs of the department, and we plan the individual procurement so that we promote stable and efficient supplies at a reasonable price
- So we keep abreast of medicines needs so that we can react early to potential shortage situations
- We establish a supply strategy for critical medicines which covers different ways to ensure medical treatment
Amgros creates value through savings, economies of scale and in the form of advisory services
- We create direct savings through tendering procedures and price negotiations
- We create economies of scale by performing tasks for the regions that they would otherwise have to perform independently
- We build bridges between political-administrative environments, clinical needs and commercial interests to achieve balanced solutions
- We document our value creation – both before, during and after the project has been carried out
Use our knowledge
Knowledge and analyses
Amgros collects knowledge, and we then combine, enrich and analyse it. Knowledge is what drives our business, and we want to share our knowledge and make it available to all of our stakeholders. On this page, you'll find an overview of our analyses and reports. We regularly update the page with new publications.READ MORE
Amgros aims to be the collaboration partner that gets things to work successfully for our many stakeholders. Dialogue and cooperation are two of our most important tools, and therefore we strive to be accessible and straightforward. This page has a list of all our employees.
READ MORE ABOUT AMGROS
Amgros secures the supply of drugs and hearing aids to public hospitals and hearing clinics. We do this through efficient procurement and tendering procedures.READ MORE
After a medical examination, all Danes with reduced hearing are entitled to a hearing aid from the public system every four years.READ MORE
Danes are living longer. And we can treat more diseases, because new and better drugs are entering the market all the time. This is good. But it’s expensive. Therefore, it is important that we are at the forefront of market developments.READ MORE
Since 2014, Amgros has cooperated with RFI - The Regions Joint Procurement on tendering procedures for medical devices for Danish public hospitals. This is still a new area for Amgros, and we are currently developing systems and procedures in collaboration with the Regions. We have helped in procurement of cleaning agents, radioactive pharmaceuticals elastomeric pumps, mesh nets, etc.READ MORE
What is it like to work at Amgros? We asked three of our employees, and this film provides an insight into how they experience their workplace and not least what it is that drives them up to meet up at the office every morning.READ MORE