Largest tendering procedure of the year for hospital medicines
Amgros has just published 744 sub-agreements. This is the largest tendering round for medicines this year.READ MORE
The Nordic countries are moving closer collaboration
The Nordic countries are putting the finishing touches to a joint strategy for how they can together help secure supplies of hospital pharmaceuticals for the five countries.READ MORE
United in supporting Ukraine
In close collaboration with the Danish Emergency Management Agency, Nomeco and the Danish Medicines Agency, Amgros has dispatched around 400 pallets and 12 lorries with medicines. Both for people in Ukraine, and those who have fled to Moldova, Poland.READ MORE
Expenditure on medicines has risen by 2.5% over the past year
Expenditure on medicines rose by 2.5% over the past 12 months and the regions have procured medicines for Danish public hospitals via Amgros costing almost DKK 9.4 billion. This is clear from the Amgros Market Surveillance report for Q1 2022.READ MORE
Photographer: Anne-Li Engström
Our important cooperation partners
Knowledge, dialogue and cooperation are our most important tools. Amgros can only be something worthwhile if we work with others: With our owners in the regions, with our cooperation partners at hospital pharmacies and hearing clinics, with our suppliers in industry and with all of our valued partners in the administrative and the political system.
Together with our cooperation partners, we create more cost-effective health solutions. This is a win-win for us all.
What is Amgros’ mission?
Amgros’ mission is to provide the best conditions for better healthcare.
Our most important task is to ensure that Danish public hospitals have the right medicine and that these are available at the right price, in the right place, at the right time and in the right quality. Always with an eye to protecting the environment.
We do this by organising and conducting tendering procedures and procurement for our owners: Danish Regions. In 2021 alone, we obtained cost savings of more than DKK seven billion.
This film presents our core task and how we work.
Photographer: Anne-Li Engström
Amgros is internationally recognised as a role model in translating healthcare needs into action
- We are a natural sparring partner in developing the Danish healthcare service
- We build and maintain our network to inspire ourselves and those that we help
- We inspire countries that want to optimise their healthcare systems and achieve more cost-effective health solutions
With other players in the health sector, Amgros helps lay the foundation for better healthcare
- We work closely with healthcare players to translate needs into action
- We create financial leeway, so that more people can be offered treatment for the same investment
- We are independent and impartial and we are not afraid to question existing practices
- We share our knowledge and insight, so that other healthcare players can make the right choices on an informed basis
We are thorough, curious and bold, and we help create job satisfaction.
- I act professionally, align my expectations with those of my cooperation partners, and I deliver results of high professional quality
- I make an effort, take responsibility for my assignments and keep my side of agreements
- I ensure dialogue by listening and asking questions in order to understand the needs and potentials of my cooperation partners
- I am proactive and outreaching and I am open and honest in my communication
- I dare to challenge myself and my surroundings
- I am flexible and I always strive to understand the world that I am a part of
- I am proud to make a difference I value my freedom and the responsibility that goes with it
- I am an enthusiast and I contribute to knowledge sharing and collaboration across divisions
- I am always ready to help others and to take responsibility for ensuring a sense of community and a positive working environment, so that everyone can enjoy coming to work
Through understanding and a grasp of the situation, we create simple solutions in a complex world
- We work closely with our stakeholders, so that we understand their needs
- We use our expertise, insight and overview, when we create solutions that work across sectors, regions, organisations and national borders
- We evaluate our methods and processes so that we constantly improve
Amgros ensures that the necessary medicines are available for hospital patients
- We take outset on the needs of the department, and we plan the individual procurement so that we promote stable and efficient supplies at a reasonable price
- So we keep abreast of medicines needs so that we can react early to potential shortage situations
- We establish a supply strategy for critical medicines which covers different ways to ensure medical treatment
Amgros creates value through savings, economies of scale and in the form of advisory services
- We create direct savings through tendering procedures and price negotiations
- We create economies of scale by performing tasks for the regions that they would otherwise have to perform independently
- We build bridges between political-administrative environments, clinical needs and commercial interests to achieve balanced solutions
- We document our value creation – both before, during and after the project has been carried out
Use our knowledge
Knowledge and analyses
Amgros collects knowledge, and we then combine, enrich and analyse it. Knowledge is what drives our business, and we want to share our knowledge and make it available to all of our stakeholders. On this page, you'll find an overview of our analyses and reports. We regularly update the page with new publications.READ MORE
Photographer: Anne-Li Engström
Amgros aims to be the collaboration partner that gets things to work successfully for our many stakeholders. Dialogue and cooperation are two of our most important tools, and therefore we strive to be accessible and straightforward. This page has a list of all our employees.
READ MORE ABOUT AMGROS
We secure supplies of medicines for public hospitals through efficient procurement and tendering procedures. We are advisors and consultants for key players in the healthcare sector, with whom we share important and highly specialist knowledge. Thus, Amgros helps provide the right conditions for better health solutions.READ MORE
After a medical examination, all Danes with reduced hearing are entitled to a hearing aid from the public system every four years.READ MORE
Danes are living longer. And we can treat more diseases, because new and better drugs are entering the market all the time. This is good. But it’s expensive. Therefore, it is important that we are at the forefront of market developments.READ MORE
Working with the Regions Joint Procurement, Amgros develops and conducts tendering procedures for selected medical devices. Our task is to ensure the range and quality of products. By consolidating procurement, we help secure savings for the Regions. We help in particular in areas in which we can draw on our close collaboration with hospital pharmacies and experience with tendering procedures for medicines.READ MORE
What is it like to work at Amgros? We asked three of our employees, and this film provides an insight into how they experience their workplace and not least what it is that drives them up to meet up at the office every morning.READ MORE